Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. We may receive a small commission from our partners, like American Express, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- If you’re planning to rent out your home for income, there are several things you should do before you start talking with potential renters.
- Establish an emergency fund for your property to protect yourself, and make sure you have the proper insurance coverage in place.
- Being well-versed in your local laws around renting and being a landlord can help you avoid any surprises.
- Make sure you’ve made a clear listing with photos and priced your property appropriately before submitting the listing.
- Policygenius can help you compare homeowner’s insurance policies to find the right coverage for you, at the right price »
Whether you’re planning to rent your home on a