Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. We may receive a small commission from our partners, like American Express, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- A financial planner who recently bought his first home during the coronavirus pandemic says that many things about homebuying are still the same, but buyers should consider doing three things differently.
- First, make sure your emergency fund is topped off — in a time of economic uncertainty, keeping a full emergency fund is more important than ever.
- And, if necessary, make a smaller down payment to prioritize keeping cash on hand.
- Increasing your credit score by paying down debt could also be helpful, as many lenders are requiring higher credit scores to qualify.
- Sign up for Personal Finance Insider’s email newsletter here »
Homebuying is having a moment right now,