Contractor booked for 25-year-old’s electrocution | Nashik News

Nashik: A day after a 25-year-old man was electrocuted at Shiv Shakti Chowk area in Cidco, the Ambad police have booked the civic contractor for causing death due to negligence.
“The deceased’s brother, Amol, also got an electrict shock. He was admitted to a private hospital and his condition is stable,” a police officer said.
On Thursday morning, 25-year-old Dhiraj Jagtap was watering the front garden of his house when he got electrocuted from an exposed under-ground electricity cable. Dhiraj’s bother, who rushed to help him, also got an electric shock.
Both the brothers were rushed to a private hospital in Kamatwade area of Cidco where doctors declared Dhiraj brought dead.
“A contractor appointed by the civic body had dug the area in front of the house of the two brothers for a drainage line. In the process, the underground electricity cables were ruptured and left uncovered by the workers.
Read More