- House flipping is a common strategy utilized by real-estate investors looking to buy, renovate, and sell a home for profit.
- Business Insider sought out the best expert advice real-estate investors — or aspiring ones — can use to get started flipping houses.
- Entrepreneurs who are serial house flippers say the key steps are identifying the right property, mapping out a careful budget, planning an appropriate renovation and orchestrating a resale for the highest price.
- Read on for a comprehensive list of tips for flippers tackling any project, from their first to 50th.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Tarek El Moussa paid $115,000 for the first house he ever flipped, according to CNBC. He and his ex-wife, Christina Anstead, then spent $15,000 to renovate the fixer-upper in Santa Ana, California. They sold it for $169,000 for a profit of $34,000.
That makeover, in 2010, launched the popular HGTV show