* Nikkei hits fresh 29-year high, value shares jump
* Vaccine news raises hope of broad earnings recovery
* Airlines, train companies jump, OLC hits record high
* Internet companies, high-flying Mothers index dive
* Turnover hits 4 trln yen, highest in 5 months
TOKYO, Nov 10 (Reuters) – Japan’s Nikkei share average hit its best level in nearly three decades on Tuesday as pandemic-battered shares of airlines, railway operators and department stores jumped on news of progress in the development of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Investors switched to beaten-down value shares while dumping those which benefited from the stay-at-home trend during the pandemic, such as internet service firms and game companies.
“With increasing clarity, people are getting more optimistic,” said Masa Takeda, portfolio manager at SPARX, subadvisor to the Hennessy Japan Fund.
“What I’m hoping to see is the economy starting to open up again around the world. I think
… Read More